Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water is a micellar water cleanser with good-for-skin benefits (such as ceramides). It is formulated so it soothes and moisturises as it gently remove makeup, dirt, pollution and bacteria from your skin.
Launched: mid 2020
240 ml / 8 fl oz
Suitable for all skin types
E-Rase is the newest DE product due to launch in summer 2020. It is the fourth cleanser from Drunk Elephant alongside their bars (Pekee and Juju Bar), their Beste gel cleanser and Slaai the butter cleanser. It’s a mix between a micellar water and a cleansing milk but not that it’s not an essence. It has already launched in Australia (in fact, Mecca insiders good a sneak peek!). The Drunk Elephant milki micellar water will be available July 1st from SpaceNK and Cult Beauty.
- It removes dirt and makeup while at the same time refreshing the face.
- It is light and moisturising.
- It is efficient on its own as a makeup remover and will even get rid of mascara.
If you are allergic to kiwi’s you cannot use this product. Also as it contains sweet almond oil, so if you are allergic to nuts, stay clear. Although they do say themselves “This product doesn’t have any almond scent at all. The amount used is so low…”
I was very excited to hear about e-rase milki. What I like about Drunk Elephant products and in particular their cleansers is that they seem to be giving everyone their own options. Whatever works for your skincare routine! Is that a bar? Pekee! Is that a gel? Beste! Is it a balm? Slaai has your back. So this, to me, would be your lazy-girl cleanser. For the ones that use makeup wipes when they know better (guilty!).
- Is it safe to use around the eyes? Yes.
- Does the micellar water have any oils in it? Yes E-Rase does contain some non-fragrant plant oils. (You know we love our oils!) We also added some vitamin E and ceramides, too!
- Does this contain milk? No, it doesn’t contain milk or any animal-derived ingredient.
- Can this be use as part of a double cleanse? Yes.
- Is it appropriate to use after cleansing? This is appropriate for a quick cleansing refresh! It would be sufficient on its own.
- Is this suitable for oily acne prone skin? Yes, all of our products should be suitable for all skin.
- Do you use morning or night? Both, but Drunk Elephant only recommends cleansing at night.
- Can this cleanser be rinsed off? You can rinse off if you want, but it’s not necessary. This is meant to be for the times you might use a cleansing towelette…it can also be swiped over eyes for makeup removal or face to remove pollution, sweat or foundation. I wouldn’t say it takes the place of an every night cleanser. It’s an option and it has its place. We give the choices, you get to decide if it’s something that fits into your personal routine!
(sourced via their Instagram)
Official Product Description
Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water is formulated with the perfect skin happy pH of 5.0, so your acid mantle is protected. There is no need to rinse, simply smooth it over your face with a cotton pad.
Micellar cleansing blend: a mix of ultra-gentle dirt- and pollution capturing surfactants and emollients.
3-ceramide blend: ceramide AP, NP, EOP, which are derived from plant sources, to help soothe and maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss.
Wild melon seed oil: cold pressed and rich in omega 6 & 9 fatty acids (linoleic and oleic) as well as antioxidant polyphenols it offers soothing, moisturizing and barrier-supportive benefits.
What’s the difference between this milki micellar water and the slaii cleanser?
E-Rase is our most flexible “cleanser,” precisely because it is such an incredibly mild formula that doesn’t use traditional surfactants. It may be used in place of a cleanser, as quick refresh after a workout or whenever going “full cleanser” isn’t practical or desired. It contains a mix of skin-replenishing ceramides, plant oils and skin soothing vitamin E.
Because E-Rase doesn’t use traditional surfactants, it’s fine to use it with a soft cloth and no water as an “in-between” cleansing refresh, or as a dedicated makeup remover, before your traditional nighttime cleanser. You can use E-Rase with your hands too, or with cotton rounds. It has a milky texture that soothes and moisturizes!
Slaai is a bit different—it’s a melting balm-oil that is meant to be first used dry, and then you add water to liquify it off skin.
It’s so mild that it can be used by even those with a super sensitive eye area to remove any form of makeup + Slaai supplies skin with lipids and soothing ingredients, so it leaves skin healthier than how it found it. Slaai also comes with Bamboo Booster, which is a concentrated physical exfoliant that can be mixed in 1-2 mornings a week, too. (sourced via their Instagram)
What is Micellar Water?
Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water is micellar water, but what is micellar water? Micellar Water is a skincare product that removes make-up and cleanses the skin without having to be rinsed off. It’s not cleansing milk in the old fashioned sense of the word, it’s a skin cleanser. Micellar Water is particularly suitable for sensitive skin types, be it sensitive, dry or dry skin as well as oily or oily skin.
Micellar Cleansing Water is used as a very gentle and effective cleanser, and it takes its name from the tiny round balls of cleansing molecules that float in the water. When the product is applied to the skin, the cleansing agents come into contact with the oils and dirt on the face so that they can be removed quickly and efficiently.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Propanediol, C15-19 Alkane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Heptyl Undecylenate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide NP, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin.
- Propanediol (moisturising)
- Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (their Marula oil which is moisturising and softening)
- Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil (antioxidant, moisturising, healing)
- Tocopherol (anti aging, antioxidant)
- Ceramides (low down on the list but are anti aging)
Welcome drunk elephant e-rase milki to the Drunk Elephant Cleanser Family! #gotmilki
Official name: Drunk Elephant E-Rase™ Milki Micellar Water